April 26, 2016
BENNINGTON, VT., April 20th, 2015 — Global-Z International recently launched a new Global Name Standardization Solution that services all countries in the world. The new service is a best-in-class solution that provides valuable information to clients who care greatly about the user experience and want to get the gender references right. Global Name Standardization will identify, with a high rate of accuracy, the gender of all records in large global datasets.
The driving use case for this new solution is to clean up messy name data in order to improve data record matching rates. Another service benefit is to improve the presentation of name information for CRM and direct marketing content.
Many improvements have been made to the Global Name Standardization solution that makes it the most competitive service in the global market. Some of the major improvements include:
- Updated global name reference data;
- Improved statistical data on usage of names of given gender;
- Language-specific gender usages;
- Usage from census information and additional sources of name data.
“We are advancing the global capabilities to a level of sophistication that some domestic solutions have had for awhile,” said Dimitri Garder, Global-Z’s CEO. “This is part of an ongoing evolution of our customer contact data solutions,” Garder added.
The Global Name solution also includes some unique features that have some exciting and potentially powerful use-cases. These features include:
- Unisex name identification. This can be used when you have names in the data that tend to be male in one language, but female in another. The name “Jean” is a classic example. “Jean” is a female name in the English language but in French culture, it’s a male name.
- Alternate name spelling conversions to common names. An example for this use case is the nick-name “Will” can be swapped for the given name of “William.”
- First and last name swap ability. This feature can swap first and last names if they are reversed based on a statistically assessment of likelihood. Example: “Smith, John” we will changed for “John, Smith.”
- Name Culture of Origin Identification. The feature can determine statistical likelihood of a names culture of origin.
“We are excited to add this new name solution to complement our suite of growing services,” said Garder.
About Global-Z International
Global-Z International was founded in 1989 focused on improving customer data quality and intelligence in global markets. Today Global-Z serves some of the largest global enterprises with customized international data quality solutions for their marketing, customer relationship and master data management needs.
Global-Z International, Inc., is headquartered in Bennington, Vermont with offices and operations in the US, Canada and Japan.
For more information, please contact Paul Harris at:
+1.802.445.1011 Ext. 215
Phone +1.802.445.1016 Fax