Global-Z matches your customer and prospect databases against Royal Mail’s NCOA Suppress file and can:
- Save money by flagging or suppressing the name and addresses of individuals who are known not to reside at a given address from your mailing campaigns.
- Ensure that your marketing dollars are spent most cost-effectively.
- Reduce wastage.
- Remove from databases and mailing files, the names and addresses of people who have died.
Global-Z’s direct license with Royal Mail (the UK’s official postal bureau) enables marketers to flag or suppress from mailing campaigns the name and addresses of individuals who are known not to reside at a given address. The service utilizes the official NCOA Suppress database which contains data gathered from a variety of reliable sources within Royal Mail, to form one of the most comprehensive UK suppression databases on the market.
According to Royal Mail, 10% of UK individuals move each year. Royal Mail estimates that even the most basic direct mail campaign can cost as much as £0.45 ($0.70) per mail piece. The identification and updating of individuals and families who have moved to a new address is critical to ensure that marketing dollars are spent most cost-effectively.
How it Works
The NCOA Suppress database (formerly the UK Universal Suppression Service [USS], and also known as Royal Mail’s Gone Away Suppression [GAS] file), contains suppression data obtained from the following sources:
- The Royal Mail Redirection file – National Change of Address movers who have not given permission to release their new address information, as well as all expired NCOA “moved from” addresses. All NCOA applications are verified with the consumer’s official identification documentation, so Royal Mail regards this data as extremely accurate.
- Mail which has been returned as undeliverable and flagged as “Gone Away” (no longer at the address), which is further verified against other data sources. Only high-confidence matches are included on the database.
Mailers can choose to include or exclude suppressions from any of the available sources, making the service extremely flexible.
NCOA Suppress database is updated monthly, and contains 7.5 million records acquired within the past three years (as of January 2010). Approximately 300,000 new names are added to the database each month.
Global-Z matches your customer and prospect databases against the NCOA Suppress database, and can either:
- Suppress or delete any matching records from your mailing campaign and output the net records excluding those matches (for customer and prospect records), or
- Permanently flag any matching records on your customer database and return those matches together with a return reason code (permitted for customer records only).
You need the forwarding address?
The NCOA Suppress database does not contain those movers who have given Royal Mail permission to release their forwarding address. To access the relocation/mover address, which accounts for 60% of all redirection applications received by Royal Mail, please contact your Global-Z representative for more information about the Royal Mail NCOA Update service.
Global-Z is an official Royal Mail licensee for NCOA Update, as well as an official licensee of PAF, Postzon, Mailsort, and the Royal Mail Suppress service. Please contact your Global-Z representative for more information on these additional services.